Monday, October 17, 2016

My Camera - Week 3


Nikon D3300 DSLR


This week I'm tackling two types of learning for this project. First, I'm taking my new camera with me to kids practices and events. This camera has a great built-in user guide. I'm going through this whenever I have a free moment. I've learned quite a bit about the interface. I've even been able to apply what I learned during week 1 about ISO sensitivity. This aspect mostly procedural knowledge. Second, I found some fantastic professional blogs and online photography journals that address lighting and composition.  I guess you could say I'm taking advantage of "the intellectual wealth in social and cultural spaces and groups," as described by Lev Vygotsky. This aspect is primarily conceptual knowledge.
Here's a summary of this week's learning:
  • Reading my camera's user guide
  • Setting ISO sensitivity for the lighting and action
  • Utilizing manual focus
  • Compiled a list of my favorite photography resources including:
  • Practicing taking photos of my son playing soccer to snap the photo at the right moment, not before or after the action. Still learning, but here are a few of the better shots.

Practice with Manual Focus

Photo 1. First shot
Photo 2. Focus in foreground, blurred background.

Photo 3. Practice with focus on foreground

Practice Catching the Action

































No comments:

Post a Comment